Thursday 24 May 2012

Malouda Insists He's Staying at Chelsea



250512N.Florent-Malouda.jpg - 250512N.Florent-Malouda.jpg
French midfielder, Florent Malouda answers questions during a press conference

AFP
Chelsea's French international winger Florent Malouda admitted on Thursday that he would like to stay with the London club next season amid talk of a move away from Stamford Bridge, reports AFP.
Having won the Champions League in a penalty shoot-out against Bayern Munich last weekend, Chelsea will face Europa League winners Atletico Madrid in the European Super Cup in August and will also participate in the Club World Cup at the end of the year.
Malouda admitted that the possibility of taking part in these tournaments is an extra incentive for him stay put.
"The European Super Cup and the Club World Cup are two competitions close to my heart," he told reporters at France's pre-Euro 2012 training camp in Clairefontaine.
"In five years at Chelsea, I have won five trophies, the ones that I came here to try and win.
"During the last two transfer windows, the club have said that I was not available for transfer."
When asked directly if that meant he still saw his future with Chelsea, Malouda replied: "Yes, and Chelsea know it."
The former Lyon player, who turns 32 in June, has been used only sparingly by his club since Roberto Di Matteo replaced the sacked Andre Villas-Boas but he insisted that did not worry him.
"I knew at the beginning of the season I would not play all that often," he said.
"This season has reminded of my first season at Chelsea. You have to accept it. I finished the previous campaign as Chelsea's leading scorer in the league and I started the next season on the bench.
"But I have had to prove myself in the past and always managed to impose myself."

No comments:

Post a Comment